Sunday, October 25, 2009

NAMI Family to Family

NAMI has been around for awhile now. Unfortunately for myself and my family we were unaware of it's existance. As I mentioned in a previous post I only found out about them on the same day I found out my mother was terminal. I really believe in signs that point you in the right direction. So when a friend that I work with at Idaho Botanical Gardens happened to have this really cool drinking container with NAMI imprinted on it. I asked her what it stood for and she explained it. I said that sounds cool and not five minutes later I got the call about my mom.

After I got off the phone with my mom and aunt I asked Jenny for more information about NAMI. She told me about the walk that they were doing in October and I told her I would definitely have to sign up to volunteer for it.

Well with my mom passing I kind of forgot about it until I went to BSU's Volunteer Day. A lot of organizations that need volunteer help and students can get service credits for it. I stopped at one of the booths and we got to talking and he mentioned that he had promised NAMI to get some volunteers. I asked him to give them my contact information and got signed up.

I will do a separate blog post about that walk in a little bit.

Here is a video with a little bit of information about NAMI's family-to-family program. The title of this blog post will take you directly to their webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment