Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sun, Wine and Food at The Gardens

This last Sunday Savor Idaho was held at the Idaho Botanical Gardens. 28 Restaurants and 23 local wineries. Moya and her group did a great job of pulling this event together for it's second year.

We couldn't have asked for better weather. The event sold out on Friday, 950 people attending. Buy your tickets early next year. I felt bad that we had to turn people away because the event was sold out.

Unfortunately for me I was working the event and was too busy to try either the wine or food but everyone's comments as they left were positive and looking forward to next year. Next year I wont be working the event, I want the chance to enjoy some of my favorite wineries and restaurants. In fact, I think the entire book club should plan on making a day of it next year.

Camas Prairie Winery had a 2007 Idaho Huckleberry mead for sale... I wasn't able to buy it it since it had already sold out. The owner Stu is looking to retire and sell his winery...Here is an article with more information on that.

Another that sold out was Woodriver Cellars Port. There were several others that sold out as the evening ended so when you go next year buy your must have wines as early in the afternoon as possible. Several people were disappointed that they couldn't get all the wine that they had chosen to buy.

How can the day be bad though when Mai Thai, Brick Oven Bistro, Berryhill & Co, and Kanak Attack Catering & Ono Hawaiaan Cafe (just to name a few of the great restaurants) pair up with Cinder, Hell's Canyon Winery, Holesinsky Winery and Snake River Winery (again just a few of the many good wineries that were there).

Check out Savor Idaho's site for a complete list of everybody that was there.

I can't decide if a book would have actually made the day any better. Everyone that I spoke to was in such a good mood that even if I hadn't been working and had a book with me I don't think I would have actually even opened it up since talking to everyone was so wonderful.

BTW if anybody sees a bottle of that Camas Pairie 2007 Huckleberry Mead around let me know. I really wish I had been able to get a taste of it with all the wonderful comments that I overheard from some of the event attendees.

While Savor Idaho @ Idaho Botanical Gardens is over for another year don't forget that Great Garden Escape happens every Thursday evening. Bring a bottle of wine and your picnic dinner or purchase wine or handcrafted beer on site. You can even purchase dinner from Willowcreek Grill who will be on-site.


Good Books, Good Wine, Good Friends What Could be Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment