Saturday, April 24, 2010

Book Review - Alison's Wonderland - Edited by Alison Tyler

If well written Erotica is not your thing you may want to skip this review.  Alison's Wonderland is very much an adults only playground.

I have mentioned previously that I am addicted to well written stories.  Erotica is no exception  to that.  To me the mind is a person's main erogenous zone.

Every one has their own tastes in erotica and while some may prefer straight male-female interaction, others may like three-somes or more-somes.  From vanilla to BDSM each person has their own particular flavor or kink that touches that erotic hot spot in their mind.

A lot of times as a reader I will buy a compilation of erotica and after reading through twenty to fifty stories realize that only about fifteen percent of them push my buttons just the right way, twenty-five percent are enjoyable, and the other sixty percent are a one time read if that. (Not a scientific study just personal experience)

Since this is not an adults only area of blogspot I will not be going into detail on any of the stories.  However, I will say this.  I made a chart of the stories and marked which ones I loved, which ones I liked and which ones just didn't do anything for me.  Now, even that last group was well written they just weren't related to any of my particular kinks.  Out of these twenty seven stories, seventeen are ones that I would enjoy reading many more times, seven are ones that I will probably read again, and only three were ones that I would chose to skip over.

Alison's Wonderland edited by Alison Tyler will be hitting bookshelves this July.

If you have ever wondered what would happen if Little Red Riding Hood ran into the Big Bad Wolf after a bout of car trouble give Wolff's Tavern by Bella Dean a read.

Want to know what really happens to Cinderella after marriage? - After the Happily Ever After by Heidi Champa

How about if one of the three Billy goats taught the troll a lesson? - The Three Billys by Sommer Marsden

What if a Cupid who is into bondage and likes being called Sir meets his Psyche online? - Cupid Has Signed Off  by Thomas S. Roche

I couldn't decide whether this story was about Sisyphus or the little girl who cried wolf one too many times.  Either way they both reached their happy ending.  Check out Benjamin Elliot's story An Uphill Battle and let me know which you think it was based upon.

In addition to the stories I mentioned there are twenty-two more.  Cinderella needs a shave in one and there are a couple different stories based off of Rumpelstiltskin. Who knew a grumpy dwarf could inspire such lusty thoughts, to reach paper, for others to enjoy?

Whether you keep your collection of erotica out openly on your bookshelf, or hide it in a box in the dark corners of your closet Alison's Wonderland is a must have for your personal library.


Good Books, Good Wine, Good Friends What Could be Better.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the spectacular review!! If you have an Amazon account, I'd be so thrilled if you posted this (or even a portion) on the Alison's Wonderland page.

    I totally appreciate your sweet comments. Thank you!!

    XXX,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison,

    I have submitted the review to Amazon's site.

    I am glad that you appreciated it.

    -AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete