Thursday, April 8, 2010

Book Club - Prizes

Ladies,

Due to my wonderful planning and brilliance, ok I'll admit that it was more like sheer dumb luck, I have won us a prize from Penguin Books through their twitter feed.

Now since I won it through our book clubs twitter feed I figured that I should come up with some way to give each of our book club members a chance at owning this autographed copy of The Girls From Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow.  Penguin books even has a book discussion ready for us to start from
 if we chose this as one of our featured reads.

The author and some of the Girls from Ames themselves will be part of a live chat at Penguin Books Water Cooler this coming Wednesday, April 14th @ 3:00 pm MT.

I have another autographed book that will be part of a future contest as well.  Annie Proulx was here in Boise several weeks ago and I attended one of her readings. If you don't know who she is here is a hint:

  • She wrote a little book that was made into a major motion picture starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger.

Ms. Proulx had one complaint about the movie.  The actors were much to handsome for how she imagined her characters to be. 

So while I try to come up with a good way to figure out who gets to keep this book on their bookshelves keep reading.

Good Books, Good Wine, Good Friends
What Could be Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment