Friday, July 16, 2010

If it's chicken it's beer....


First welcome to Laura, who is one of our new local regulars, and to Marti who was in town this evening and liked our book discussion so much that I lent her my copy for her flight home.  Yes I admit it.  I was bad I couldn't stop at page 120 like I was supposed to and finished the whole book.  Welcome also to Aaron (our only male so far) we hope to see more of you at these meetings.  Just remember Aaron don't trust Char when she tells you to say something about the book.

Just to give you an idea on how some of our book club meetings go.  First we talked about different odds and ends while we poured wine and decided to hold our discussion outside.  Then once we were sitting out there I explained my 31 books in 31 days contest.  

Aaron showed up with take-and-bake pizza, which he somehow managed to turn upside down so it had to be re-assembled.  It still tasted good though.  Along with this he brought a couple bottles of wine and some Twilight beer.Thank you.

 We decided one of our upcoming books is going to need to be something that goes well with Smores Martini's and pedicures.  Decision made Chelsea Handler's "Are you there, Vodka? It's me Chelsea"

While Char was in the house re-assembling the pizza with Aaron we were discussing how we wanted to handle the wine in the future.  With four of us two bottles was just a little more than we usually needed.  With 6+ we would be needing another bottle.

So the questioning began...Do we want to continue with a bottle each of a red and white? should we have a red or white theme for each evening?

"If it's chicken it's white...If it's a beefier read it's red.."  At this point Char comes back outside and  Michelle states " No, if it's chicken it's beer."  We all looked up at her (must have had dumbfounded expressions on our faces). Char asks, "Wait, what are we discussing here."

I think we will probably stick with the red and white combination with the third bottle being red for the first meeting of the month and white for the second.

I drank the AutoMoto Cab for the evening and really enjoyed it. Other comments should be coming sooooon.

As to the Baggage Claim by Tanya Michna there is a bet (from those that hadn't finished reading it) on whether either of the couples will work things out.  I just told them that at least one of them was right on their choices...But I wouldn't tell them which one.  I will post more thoughts on the book after all of us have finished reading it.


Good Books, Good Wine, Good Friends What Could be Better.

1 comment:

  1. Edited names of Chicken incident cause it was Michelle that made the chicken/beer comment.

    ReplyDelete