Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ever have one of those days.

Thursday is supposed to be my day of peace. No classes, the teen is in school, and I am supposed to get to sleep in....

HAH. Yeah right.

I woke up at 8:30 which would have been fine except the kid wasn't off to school yet. Wasn't even awake yet. It pisses me off that she wont wake to her alarm clock. I am so tired of hearing "oh it didn't go off I don't know what happened."

Finally get her to school and head over to Uni where I am supposed to attend a career fair prep workshop. My mind thinks 11 perfect. I'll stop by the health center and get the bloodwork that had been recommended for me...

No such luck. The paperwork was never entered so they couldn't do the blood draw. The person that told me to have it done is out of the office till Tuesday.
Off to the SUB where it is 10:30 and unfortunately for me the 11oclock was actually 10oclock. Ran to the library to print off a copy of my resume (not to bad if I do say so).

Lunch with Amy -very nice

Gave my contact information to someone about displaying my artwork...(More on that later)

Went home read "Gryphon" for english 206.

Time for the cars oil change. While they had it in I asked them to take a look at the radiator since it is leaking...NOPE not the radiator. Water pump and it needs a new timing belt (900) not to mention there is something wrong with the CV boot on the drivers side that involves a complete axle replacement (1650). At this point I am trying to decide whether I am better off fixing it or buying something else and selling this car (of course I will let the buyer know of the known issues with it.)

Get home and the kid wants to borrow the car for a road trip....Gets pissy when I say no and explain why.

Kid goes out with friends for the evening. Calls me wanting money for dinner (sure I have tons of that right now...No job. Car that thinks it needs attention.) Luckily for her I was in the mood for a little Baja Fresh (love their shrimp and lobster tacos) and I had coupons....(coupons are my friend)

I get to the restaurant and not only does she expect me to pay for her meal but she wants me to lend her $10 so she can buy her friend food. I like her friend she seems nice enough but the kid has to quit putting me on the spot like that. It isn't the first time. Trust me though it will be the last. I didn't even get a thank you from her out of this.

While we are eating I mention the possible art display and being the supportive wonderful daughter that she ISNT she goes "what your unoriginal art?" tone of voice conveys everything so imagine that said with a giant sneer. My reply was no my photography. (Again condescending shit response from her).

Usually when I was trying to butter my dad up for a monetary favor (or use of the car) I would at least pretend to appreciate what he did for me.

Anyway enough bitching from me right now. Heidi Cat the unsociable has decided to cuddle up on my lap and ask for attention. I seem to be the only one she likes. It is kind of nice to know that at least one creature on this earth likes me...at least sometimes.

I have decided I need a cool catch phrase for signing off.....Anybody got any ideas?

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment